CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Silent Killer

I was so alarmed of the danger of having no idea about the contents of the food I am eating, as long as it taste good I just eat it. Even before i usually eat in fast food  because of the burger and french fries that my stomach craves to eat more and more of it. I am not conscious of my health before as long as my weight increases that would be better. What ever comes into my mind and i feel like eating it, i would go for it. As time goes by, many sickness and diseases are discovered. I was so shocked when our pastor's wife had a check up, the finding was already a lung cancer and it is already stage 4. I asked myself how and why this happened? I know that she is a fighter and she can recover on it. That was the time when they introduced the alternative medicine. It helped her a lot and you can't just believe it that her cancer cells were gone already, it's amazing and thank God for this.
I was educated that the illnesses or diseases that we can possibly get it from the food we eat. We might not notice it but the elements or the substance on it is killing us softly, just like in the line of a song killing me softly with this food killing me softly. One of these harmful substances are the Monosodium glutamate that makes the taste of the food even better but it is deadly because it really damages the brain cells; and Aspartame, name for an artificial, non-saccharide sweetener used as a sugar substitute in many foods and beverages . Because its breakdown products include phenylalanine, aspartame is among the many substances that must be avoided by people with phenylketonuria (PKU), a rare genetic condition. One thing that I have realized is that we only have one life to live and this life is only borrowed from our God so let's take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
josanne_jc
I am a married woman with a very cuddly baby boy. I love to write anything and everything under the sun. I am a teacher by profession.
View my complete profile