CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Kissed COKE Addiction Goodbye


I used to be a coke addict. I really love its taste just like everybody does. I love its thirst quenching effect. I always crave for coke especially if I eat meat and junk foods. But I have to discipline myself. I have to stop this addiction. The more I tried to stop, the more my system craves for more. When I was diagnosed of hypertension, the doctor told me that I have to stop drinking coke. I obeyed his advice. I was able to control my cravings and I had successfully said no to coke for two months. Imagine not tasting your favorite drink for 2 months straight. Sad to say but it only lasted for 2 months. I went back to being a coke addict and this time even worse. I remembered drinking more than 1 liter of coke in just a day; and even drinking without eating my meal. Because of that, I suffered pain evrytime I urinate. A cousin of mine told me it's because of UTI caused by drinking too much coke and eating too much salty foods. I told myself, I really have to stop my addiction. And now, it's been more than 2 months since the last time I tasted my favorite COKE. I feel as if I already have forgotten its taste. I'm not against COKE or any other softdrinks. I'm not saying that I won't drink it anymore. Maybe I'll be tasting it again during special occasions. What I'm trying to convey is that we just have to discipline ourselves. Just like in the commercial ads for liquors, we just have to DRINK MODERATELY. :)

1 comment:

About Me

My Photo
josanne_jc
I am a married woman with a very cuddly baby boy. I love to write anything and everything under the sun. I am a teacher by profession.
View my complete profile